Cold Galvanizing Compound for Corrosion
Available in aerosol and gallon containers
Cold galvanizing coating. Zinc-rich Galvax stops
rust and corrosion caused by welding and atmospheric exposure. High percentage
of pure zinc dust in an epoxy resin formulation produces a film providing years
of protection. Electro-chemically bonds with iron and steel, and actually fuses
with the base metal to provide rust and corrosion resistance. Equal to hot dip
galvanizing in cathodic protection, film durability, and protection against
caustic action of salt. Can be used as a primer for most paints. Galvax sprays
or brushes on cold and heals itself when scratched. Excellent for recoating or
spot-priming weathered galvanized surfaces and repairing areas damaged by
welding. Also available in bulk sizes.
APPLICATIONS AND USES:
Marine use, cars, buses, trailers, trucks, air conditioning systems and fans,
fencing, piping, sumps, water tanks, gutters, metal roofs and buildings.
Structural steel bridges, buildings, off-shore rigs, steel windows, sheet metal
and welds, garden furniture and tools, livestock equipment and farm machinery,
electrical transmission towers. Used in harsh environments, including chemical
and other corrosive situations (not recommended for immersion in, or spillage
of, acid or alkali): chemical process piping and equipment, pulp and paper
equipment, oil and gas production, processing and distribution equipment, water
and sewage works equipment.
- 95% zinc content in dry film
- Can be used as a primer for most paints
- Lasting protection against rust and corrosion
- Complete weld repair qualities
- Galvanic action barrier comparable in protection to hot dip galvanizing
- Builds up slightly uneven surfaces prior to painting while protecting from
rust and corrosion
- Easy brush or spray application
- Simple handling; single package epoxy system
- No pot life limitation
- Easy mixing - no hard settling of pigment
- Excellent wetting and penetration properties
- Flexible films with excellent adhesion
- Air dries quickly - set to touch in one hour
- Up to 5 mils DFT per coat
- Can be applied over a wider range of temperatures and relative humidities
than many two-component epoxies
- Reduces maintenance costs; the years of protection for structural and
equipment surfaces eliminates the need for constant scraping, wire brushing and
- Reduces production costs; eliminating the need to send parts out for hot
dip, saving both time and money.
Steel: For best results, surfaces should be free from moisture,
oil, grease, dirt, mill scale, rust, corrosion products, oxides, paint, and
foreign matter. Abrasive blast surface to commercial grade per Steel Structures
Painting Council Specification SSPC-SP6, "Commercial Blast Cleaning", or per
NACE specification #3. If abrasive blasting is not feasible, remove loose mill
scale, loose rust, and loose paint per specification SSPC-SP, "Power Tool
New galvanized surfaces: Remove all oil, grease and flux by
solvent cleaning per Specifications SSPC-SP1, "Solvent
Weathered galvanized surfaces: Remove rust or foreign deposits
by wire brushing per specification SSPC-SP2, "Hand Tool Cleaning", or power tool
cleaning per Specification SSPC-SP3, "Power Tool Cleaning".
aerosol, follow the instructions on the can).
Stir Galvax thoroughly until the
zinc dust content is completely dispersed. Galvax may be applied by brush, spray
or roller. Airless spray is not recommended because of possible tip clogging.
Thinning is not normally required.
- Steel: Apply one coat 2.5 to 3 mils dry film thickness.
- New galvanized surfaces: Apply one coat 2.5 to 3 mils DFT.
- Weathered galvanized surfaces: Apply one coat 2.5 to 3 mils DFT.
- Rusted galvanized surfaces: Apply two coats at 2.5 to 3 mils DFT each, total
system DFT: 5 to 6 mils. Allow 12 hours dry time between coats.
- At room temperature, Galvax sets to touch in 1 hr. and may be recoated after
Brush: Apply after thorough mixing. If thinning is required,
use up to 1 pint maximum per gallon of paint thinner. Mix thoroughly after
Roller: Apply after thorough mixing. Use rollers with short
nap. Cross roll for uniform coverage. If thinning is required, use up to 1 pint
maximum per gallon of paint thinner.
Store in a cool, dry place, below 80ºF. Clean equipment with
- Cold Galvanizing Compound
Zinc Rich Primer to prevent
Zinc Rich Spray Paint for Aluminum
Spray Galvanizing for metal
Compound Galvanizing Spray
Protection Rust coating for